The Istanbul Gelişim University
The School of Applied Sciences
The Department of Gastronomy
Success Story 1
15th International İstanbul Gastronomy Festival, 2-5 February 2017, TÜYAP-İstanbul, Turkey: The objective of the competition in International Istanbul Gastronomy Festival was to provide channels between Turkish Culinary Cultures and other foreign Culinary Cultures and the Turkish Chefs and World-Class Chefs would share in the exciting display and exchange of knowledge that would take place in this competition. After the membership of Cooks and Chefs Federation of Turkey was accepted in 2008 by WACS, the 15rd festival will become an important festival as an international event. The participants who provided to showcase their culinary skills and they would get medals and also certificates that are valid all around the world. 25 countries, thousands of domestic and foreign chefs and famous judges in the world… Culinary Professionals came together in 2-5 February 2017 for the 15th time at Tuyap Beylikdüzü, Istanbul, TURKEY.
The winner students:
1 İrem Şimşek, Cateory: JNT5-Decorated Celebration Cake, Award: The Silver Medal
2 Didem Kakşa, Category: JNT5-Decorated Celebration Cake, Award: The Bronze Medal
Success Story 2
3rd National Universities Championship / 24-25 February 2017, Kuşadası-Aydın, Turkey
The winner students:
1 Cansu Zengin, Cateory: Restaurant Dessert Platter, Award: The Silver Medal / Cateory: Poultry and Game Dish, Award: The Bronze Medal
2 Osman Munip İpek, Category: Meat Dish, Award: The Silver Medal / Category: Turkish Anatolian Cuisine Dish, Award: The Bronze Medal
3 Çağdaş Alkaş, Category: Fish Dish, Award: The Silver Medal / Category: Restaurant Appetizer Platter, Award: Merit
1st Şanlıurfa National Cooking Competition Was Organized On March 25-26-27, 2016 And The Following Names Were Awarded:
1) Istanbul Gelişim University which came in the 1st place in the best university category at the aforementioned cooking competition for which 11 universities joined.
2) Eslem Rabia Comert who came in the 2nd place in individual category for restaurant first course at Şanlıurfa 1st national cooking competition.
3) Melike Yagmur who came in the 3rd place in individual category for pasta at Şanlıurfa 1st National Cooking Competition.
4) Yigit Uluceylan who came in the first place in individual category for fish at Şanlıurfa 1st National Cooking Competition.
5) Bilge Bildirici who came in the 2nd place in individual category for restaurant dessert plate at Şanlıurfa 1st National Cooking Competition.
6) 14th Istanbul Gastronomy Festival was organized on 11/02/2016 and a gold medal was awarded to Fatma Nur Unal, one of our students in Vocational School of Higher Education. A bronze medal was awarded to Huzeyfe Ibrahim Alan who joined in the same category at the said competition.
7) 15th Istanbul Gastronomy Festival was organized on 05/02/2017 and a silver medal was awarded to Fatma Nur Unal, one of our students in Vocational School of Higher Education in restaurant dessert plate.
8) A bronze medal was awarded to Seda Kahveci, who joined in 3rd Interuniversity National Cooking Championship organized in Kuşadası district in Aydın province on 23-25/02.2017 as one of the students of Istanbul Gelişim University, Vocational School of Higher Education in restaurant first course category as well as a bronze medal was also awarded to the same student in restaurant dessert plate category.
9) A silver medal was awarded to Sezer Dirican who competed in meat and anatolian cuisine category at the same competition.
10)Ugur Yildirim, one of our students came in the 2nd place by being awarded to a bronze medal in poultry category and a silver medal in fish category.